tger greenhaddock: The new Wembley

Friday, August 24, 2007

The new Wembley

England faced Germany at the new Wembley Stadium on Wednesday evening with Germany winning 2-1. The result I think was fair and I found myself supporting Germany more than England. Germany played well considering the team was so understrength due to injuries to key players, and England looked in parts a lot better than they have played recently. Overall I was happy with the result. At least there wasn't a penalty shootout!

Earlier in the evening the German Womens team played and beat Switzerland 7-0 in an European Championship qualifying match. The German team played very well with Birgit Prinz in superb form. With the world cup only 2 weeks away that certainly bodes well for die Frauen.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds very fun and exciting. And wow - Germany must have a great team with the women.

It also must be much more exciting when you have so many people into the game. Our local team one here, after a 2 month winless streak.. To make matters worse, they were champs last year!

C'est la vie!

August 27, 2007 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you rembermber Doris Fitschen from the DFB Frauen Nationalmannschaft? I went to school with her.

August 29, 2007 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh you're well going native fella! Funnily enough the only time I ever supported England was when I was in Germany during Euro 96 and I was in a bar in Rostock run by mates of mine. The shite I took after that, feckers!

Normally over here I support the Wuerstfresser because I'm 1/4 German and it winds everyone up!

August 29, 2007 11:57 PM  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, Shame on you, and an ex pat too, I'll get you banned from combe Martin for comments like that.It must soon time for your trip back to the U K mus'nt it?the Ilfracombe Maffia will be waiting.

August 30, 2007 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was Island Girl - thank you for linking to me. I have moved blogs. My new blog is attached to my blogger profile. :)

August 31, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We watched the game while in Ireland with our friends. My friend Brendan is a liverpool fan. He could not get over how England lost. And then in the same night Ireland beat Denmark!

September 07, 2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home