tger greenhaddock: More lanes please!

Monday, July 02, 2007

More lanes please!

For the last month the Juniorette has been doing another swimming training session, on Wednesdays in addition to her training on Mondays and swimming club on Fridays. Along with her football training on Tuesdays and Thursdays it means she is a very busy little girl. But she would not have it any other way.

This is her last school week before the summer holidays and this Friday she will be given her first school report and grading. She is very excited about this and was disappointed last year when she discovered that there was no grading for the first school year.

She has a pretty much full program arranged for her during the summer holidays including a week’s football school in Frankfurt and two weeks of organised fun & games by the local community which all her friends are attending. Of course Mrs H and I will be on hand to provide entertainment should boredom strike in any quiet periods.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like there will be any quiet moments for her.
She certainly is keeping you all busy!

July 02, 2007 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and was disappointed last year when she discovered that there was no grading for the first school year.

I know girls are different, Mr. Haddock, but is that normal?

July 02, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - I only wish I had her energy! :)

Inactualfact - Probably not! I hated school reports and all that stuff myself! :) I read some of my old school reports a while back and apparently I was very good at not paying attention and day dreaming :)

July 02, 2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I wish I had her energy, too. I was a monitor for kids during a whole summer when I was 16 and I loved it just as much as they did. We organised lots of games and outings for them. We had a blast! I'm sure the juniorette will, too.

Gosh. Now I feel old ;)

July 02, 2007 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine her being bored with a schedule like that. You guys are great parents!

July 03, 2007 2:39 AM  
Blogger Martina said...

Don't you find it funny that German Vereins close down during school vacation time? At least the kid-oriented activities. Well, around here so I'm assuming that's the norm. When you'd think kids might just have a little *more* time for soccer, swimming, jazz dance, etc. when school's out.

It just strikes me as weird. That and the fact that Ferienspiele is limited to Grundschüler, so once you're kids are in 5th grade you have to come up with your own battle plan.

And don't get me started on where the nearest swimming pool is ;-)

July 04, 2007 12:59 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

CS - She attended the Ferienspiele and loved every minute of it. I'm suer she will this year as well :)

Heza - Thanks for the compliment! :)

Martina - I find it weird as well that the clubs shut down for the school holidays (and you still have to pay!). We will find out later this week if her swimming training will carry on through the summer :)

July 04, 2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I hope she will be able to continue her swimming through the summer, specially as she enjoys it so much. Good for her.... and she's certainly keeping you on your toes.
I haven't been blogging for a few days, we have had a long weekend Strawberry Festival to celebrate Canada Day, lot's of things to do, people to see, check it out on my blog. The strawberries were yummy, but not quite up the the standard of my dad's Combe Martin strawberries!!

July 04, 2007 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home