tger greenhaddock: Busy schedule

Friday, June 01, 2007

Busy schedule

I’ve had a busy week; unfortunately I am not sure what with. There’s been a far amount of garden work, various minor jobs done around the house and I played football again with the Alter Herren. Doesn’t look much on paper, but it sure used up my time quickly.

Tomorrow we are off to Nürnberg to watch Germany play San Marino in a qualifying game for the European Football Championships. Germany should win quite easily and hopefully we should see a sack full of goals. We intend to get to the city early to have a look around and then meet up with family members Deepblue, Mr Blue and Boyblue before the game.

On Sunday we are going to Hessentag in Butzbach to see Silbermond in concert. Hessentag (it should be called Hessenwoche as it lasts for more than a day), is held at a different town in the state of Hessen every year. The town then hosts various events, activities and concerts for the duration. Aerosmith are playing on the last night of Hessentag and I would really like to go, but unfortunately I have to work. Such is the life of a shift worker. But at least I get to see Silbermond.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Oh yes, Aerosmith would have been great. My kids have suddenly developed a love for those guys and bought all their old CDs. :-) But Silbermond is nice too. One of the better German groups.

June 01, 2007 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to the game in Nürnberg,hopefully with good weather and many goals (and a Mr. Blue and boy blue in good state, as they both are more or less ill today ...)

June 01, 2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Blueyes said...

Have fun at the game and a damn shame you will miss Aerosmith, they put on a great show :)

June 01, 2007 3:27 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Christine - I'm sure the Juniorette will be into Aerosmith in a few years as she does enjoy the rockier side of music :)

Deepblue - See you all tomorrow! Hopefully we will see a lot of goals! :)

Blueyes - I think its the first Aerosmith tour in Germany for quite a few years, but at least I will get to see the game tomorrow :)

June 01, 2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger domestika said...

You lead such an exciting life! But it makes me feel better about my own mundane routine to see that those small dometic chores can suck up the spare time of even the well-travelled and concert-going football fan! ;-)

June 01, 2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Jacobs said...

Do you sing along to Deutschland Uber Alles?

June 01, 2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Aerosmith?? You should have shifted your shift ;)

But Silbermond is pretty good, too.

June 01, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Nina Munteanu said...

Silbermond instead of Aerosmith? They sound like a good band. I'll ask my son about them. He knows them all!

June 02, 2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

I am going to see Aerosmith this Wednesday and I am very excited and I'll be sure to give a good review afterwards.

Good luck with the fussball and the work at the garden. I have a feeling your garden is really great looking.

June 02, 2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Don't you just love summer when things get busy, the air gets warm and all the countryside is a playground!

June 02, 2007 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hasn't Deutschland Ueber Alles been banned?!

I used to find if you sing the words "Coughs and sneezes spread diseases, catch the germs in your handkerchief" to the existing tune of the German anthem the scansion works nicely and it feels amusingly subversive!

June 05, 2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Time has been flying. But sounds like you will be having lots of fun!

June 06, 2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger Suray said...

Someday, I might visit Germany!!

June 08, 2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

I understand your sense of busyness, with its accompanying sense of "what the heck am I doing with my time?"

I think that this time of year, as we move outside and begin to dig and prune, we barely realize the passage of time... until it is gone, and supper is calling.

June 08, 2007 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home