tger greenhaddock: Going up a class

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Going up a class

The Juniorette is still doing very well with her swimming. She attends swimming club on a Friday and does further training on a Monday evening. Her swimming club is divided into 3 groups and she has been in the intermediate group for the last 6 months. She has now been informed that she can join the senior group after the school summer holidays. She is a very happy and proud 8 year old girl.

Last Sunday was Mothers day and the Juniorette had her first outside football tournament of the season. She played very well, had a couple of good shots, but was a bit disappointed not to score. She really wanted to score a goal as a present for Mrs H. The team performed well which bodes well for the rest of the season.

Last week the Nintendo DS Lite arrived for the Juniorette. She has been saving her pocket money and xmas/birthday money for quite a while to buy this and was quite excited waiting for it to turn up from Amazon. We ordered Nintendogs for her which is a game where she has to look after and train a puppy. I was surprised at how much fun this was and how addictive it can be. But fortunately with the amount of activities that the Juniorette participates in, she hasn’t the time for it to become a problem.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great is that! She is not only a little soccer player, but a fish as well!I love that you are raising her to believe that she can do anything she sets her mind to. What a great gift!

May 15, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Lucky Juniorette! I think the Nintendogs was a good present. I will consider it for myself now where my husband obviously is allergic to real dogs. I love dogs!

Say congratulations to the Juniorette with her swimming and football - I wish I was a great swimmer like her.

May 15, 2007 9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell her congrats! How old are the kids in the older group? Just curious..

I moved up a group too. I now swim with the 80 plus year olds.. I'm not kidding.. And earlier in the morning...

More like a sideways move which I keep contemplating daily (compliments of my new crazy work schedule)...

May 16, 2007 5:33 AM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Good for your young lady, to be doing so well at her swimming.
I learned to swim on the beach at Combe Martin, and then in the old Victrian Swimming Baths at Ilfracombe... do you remember them? Sea water... and COLD!

May 16, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - Good to see that your eye is recovering well after the op. Hopefully we are raising her the right way! :)

Nan - The Juniorette is so into this game. She would like a real dog but this would be a bit problematic with our cats! :)

ET - Thanks for the congrats. The group system is more based on ability than age, but the older group seems to start at about 11+ years - not as big as your swimming group age difference though! ;)

Ex-Shammickite - I learnt to swim in the sea as well (My dad used to be the manager of the Tunnels Beaches), and I remember the victorian swimming baths in Ilfracombe, cold as you say, and not always so clean! :)

May 16, 2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

If your dad managed the Tunnels... did he know Kay Wood from Combe Martin?

May 17, 2007 4:29 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Ex-Shammickite - My dad knew her and says that her husband Ronnie used to run the cafe at the tunnels and later co-owned the tunnels with Syd Smith. He also mentioned that Ronnie played football for Combe Martin and Ilfracombe.
Its a small world ! :)

May 17, 2007 3:49 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, good for the Juniorette. Future Olympics participant perhaps?

And isn't Nintendogs fun? We have the one with the dachshund. I like the way it teaches the kids to look after those cute puppies.

May 19, 2007 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home