tger greenhaddock: Off target but having fun

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Off target but having fun

I only have a month to go to reach my weight reduction target. I strategically did not set myself a difficult goal. I set myself a very achievable weight target, and all was going according to plan, that is, until the World Cup started. Since then my weight has started increasing. The combination of too much beer, and not enough visits to the gym has started to take its toll. But the Buddha beer belly has been worth it. A whole month of constant footy, beer & BBQ’s has been a lot of fun. We got to see one game live in Köln which was a tremendous experience. Shame it wasn’t an England or a Germany game.

But next month Germany plays a friendly game against Sweden in Gelsenkirchen and the Haddock family will be there to see it. As expected the Juniorette is very excited. In a few minutes the 3rd place playoff game Germany v Portugal starts (hopefully Germany win), and then following tomorrows final game (hopefully France win it) I will devote my full attention to losing a bit of weight again.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tati said...

What a game! That was some good football (on both sides).

Now crossing all fingers and toes for France :-)

July 09, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Into every life a little beer and food must fall! LOL.
I too have been bad on my diet. I'll be getting back on the diet wagon on Tuesday. One more party to go to on Monday.
Life is too short not to enjoy yourself!

July 09, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Yes, but re-start the diet right after the French have won tonight :)

July 09, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Versteckt - The final just finished and the Italians won on Penalties. I wont eat pizza for a month now! :)

Karen - The German game was good! :)

Maribeth - I shall lose weight, bit I wont go crazy doing it! :)

Canadianswiss - The French lost, but I will still lose weight! :)

Naked Nerd - I should lose a few kiol's just by laying off the beer! :) I

July 09, 2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Yeah - I saw the match :( So what's now? Barbecue without the beer??? You still have a whole summer (it just started!) in front of you! ;)

July 10, 2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home