tger greenhaddock: Eight years later

Monday, June 05, 2006

Eight years later

It’s been quite hectic the last few days, but there hasn’t been much to write home about. We took all out tax stuff to our Steuerberater for her to fill out our tax claim for last year. Very boring, but very essential. At the fitness studio we had a ‘Control Session’ to check that we were using the fitness machines correctly. We were and apparently that is not the norm. Mrs H and I were quite please about that. As the instructor said it’s not about looking good, being fast or how much weight you use. It’s about exercising your muscles effectively.

On the football front England dicked Jamaica 6-0 in preparation for the World Cup. This sort of result was expected, but what surprised me was how well they played. I of course banished any thoughts from my head of England doing well at the championships. I don’t need another false dawn. Closer to home, the Juniorette played in a tournament on Sunday and as I was not working so I could actually attend. Her team (see photo) came 5th out of 12 teams. She was playing with a cold, so she wasn’t playing at her best, but still managed to hit the post in one of the games.

And finally today is our wedding anniversary, but unfortunately I have to work night shift. So not for the first time we will celebrate our anniversary on a different date when I am not working. I guess it’s the event and not the date that’s really important.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

How many years have you been married?

How is your garden growing? I was amazed to see how much ours grew in the few days we were gone!

June 05, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Neil @ DNALogic said...

Yes, 6-0 was quite good, although even if I'd played as emergency goalkeeper the score would still have been 6-1 at worst. We shall see what happens against real opponents like Trinidad & Tobago...

June 05, 2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 05, 2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

Nice that the home team gave you an anniversary gift. Happy Anniversary.

June 05, 2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - 8 years now, but it seems a lot less. The garden is not growing so fast at the moment as we haven't had much sun.

AF - England will probably screw it up as usual. If any game goes to a penalty shootout then we are toast! :)

Mike - I hope England give me many more anniversary gifts in the next few weeks! :)

June 06, 2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

aww..at least you remembered !..
During my marriage i was always forgetting birthdays AND anniversaries ..i'm terrible at that stuff

June 06, 2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger Neutron said...

Well, I'm going the whole hog with England this time...no fingers-crossed deprecation and lucky pessimism...we're gonna WIN IT!!

June 06, 2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger J said...

Happy anni, Mr & Mrs H!

June 06, 2006 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your wedding anniversary, do you remember how hot it was then - it's quite a good idea to celebrate in a few days, on weekend we will have summer-like temperatures, I hope.

June 06, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Happy anniversary! I'm sure you'll catch up on the celebrations :)

June 06, 2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy anniversary! Lovely but funny photo of juniorette.

June 06, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! Every year should be appreciated and cherished - especially in these times.

Hope the weather is nice on the "make-up" date and you do something special.

June 06, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Cynnie - My memory isn't the best but experience has taught me that I HAVE to remember these dates! :)

Neutron - I am using the reverse physcology trick as well.....It may actually work! :)

J - Thanks :)

Deepblue - I think our wedding day was the hottest day on record anywhere on the planet! or thats how it felt! :)

Canadianswiss - We may have to wait until after the worldcup to celebrate our anniversay. This isn't a problem as Mrs H is a big football fan as well! :)

Expat - Her grins are really funny at the moment as she is missing a couple of teeth :)

Michelle - Hopefully the weather should improve soon :)

June 06, 2006 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home