tger greenhaddock: Easy meat

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Easy meat

As almost everyone on the planet should be aware of by now the Soccer World Cup 2006 kicks off here in Germany in under 2 weeks. In preparation Germany took on the mighty Luxemburg yesterday and beat them 7-0. The three Werder Bremen players in the squad played well, with Klose and Frings getting on the score sheet. The result was no surprise, and in the following week Germany will face Japan and Columbia in friendly games. These teams should provide stiffer opposition.

In the women’s game FCC Frankfurt beat Potsdam in the UEFA Cup final. The Juniorette found this quite exciting as she will hopefully be attending a 5 day soccer school for girls held by FCC Frankfurt in the autumn.

Technorati Tags: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Haddock said...

Germany have always been a tournament team. They seem to excel in the big competions. So even though they look a bit ordinary at the moment I am sure they will do well in the world cup.
I wouldn't like to make predictions but I think they will make it out of the group stages and will get further than England! :)

May 28, 2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Howonderful for Juniorette, that she will be able to go to Soccar Camp! She will really enjoy that.

May 28, 2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

What did the German do when Germany won the world cup?

Switched off his xbox and went to bed!

Well, I laughed!

May 28, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - She's been to a couple of soccer camps in Marburg and she really enjoyed that. She's really excited about the Frankfurt camp.

Ms Mac - I suspect you heard that from your sons. It made me smile as well! :)

May 28, 2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger Degenerasian said...

Germany will do well as always. Semis at least. But they could have had a tougher warmup! Luxembourg!?

May 30, 2006 8:48 AM  
Blogger EuroTrippen said...

I'm not a sports fan at all... but I did buy a world cup sweatshirt & cute little german window-clippy flag thing as a show of deutsch pride.

May 30, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Girlysportsrant - Thanks for stopping by. I see from from your site you follow cricket as well. Most excellent! :)

Europtrippen - At least you got the World Cup accessories! :)

Naked Nerd - No probs. I've added you to my blogroll as well. I'd been meaning to do that for a while! :)

May 30, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Team Yaya - I hope Germany do well and I bet it should be a good atmosphere in Italy for the World Cup. Italians love football :)

June 01, 2006 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

November 15, 2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home