tger greenhaddock: Ascension Day

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ascension Day

Today is Fathers day in Germany, where it is a public holiday called Christi Himmelfahrt (that always makes me smile), and of course in English, today is Ascension day, the day on which Ascension Island was discovered. As you may know from a previous post I spent 3.5 years of my life living and working on that island. So to all the Expats and St. Helenians living and working on the island ‘Happy Ascension Day’. Have a good day and have a beer for me!

Mrs H and the Juniorette have gone to Phantasialand today near Köln. I was supposed to go as well but after finishing my last set of night shifts yesterday I was too tired to get out of bed at 05:30am today. So instead I have slept late and will spend the rest of the day not doing anything in particular, whilst the Haddock girls will be whizzing along on rollercoasters and having fun. I must be getting old as a day of total relaxation seems quite appealing to me.

Technorati Tags: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Total Relaxation is a perfect way to spend father's day. Will you not go out drinking with the lads? I find the groups of middle aged men wandering around town drinking like they are 18 again very funny. You know tomorrow they will be like, "Damn. Why did I do that?"

May 25, 2006 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day!

May 25, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

We slept in as well today and really were in need of rest. Besides cleaning the house a bit and trying to catch up on reading blogs, we won't be doing much either. Enjoy your day! ;-)

May 25, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Claire - The last thing I want to do is go out any maybe drink one too many!

Heza - I will certainly try! have a good day yourself down in Munich :)

Canadianswiss - Its good to chill out a bit and recharge the batteries! :)

Naked Nerd - The weather sucks up here in Hessen as well. Here's to relaxing & chilling! :)

May 25, 2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I'm with you. At this moment, whith all of Hubby's pre-op work, I am thinking, longingly, of the day I can put up my feet and do nothing but maybe soak up some sun. That is, when the sun decides to grace us once again!
Happy Father's Day!

May 25, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger J said...

Happy Fathers' Day, Mr Haddock.

May 25, 2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

Happy Ascension day, and happy Fathers's day. Nothing like island life to make the current one look exciting, even without the roller coasters.

May 25, 2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Happy Father's Day. Glad to hear that you didn't get falling down drunk like the rest of them. :-)

May 25, 2006 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stay home versus rollercoaster etc? definately a sign of old age !!

May 26, 2006 2:53 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Hope you had a great Father's day. Rest and relaxation sound the perfect afternoon!

Strange in Italy that we celebrate Mother's Day on the same day as in America, but Father's Day is not.

Cyn

May 26, 2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger Tati said...

I think a day of relaxation is just perfect.
Hope you enjoyed your day!

May 27, 2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

relaxing never really hurts... (I was going to say anyone..) but I'm not so sure about that. ;-)

May 28, 2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

haddock ... hope your dad's day was a good one

May 28, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

by the way ... I forgot to say: awesome photo

May 28, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger EuroTrippen said...

Happy belated father's day! We spent the day watching drunk men walk the streets of Dresden. It was great!!

May 30, 2006 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home