tger greenhaddock: A swift half

Friday, May 05, 2006

A swift half

On Wednesday Mrs H and I had a relaxing day. It was a nice warm sunny day and we decided to take it easy. We had lots of jobs to do around the house and garden, but we decided to have a day off. We spent the morning and early afternoon at the gym, followed by the sauna. The gym was very hard work, but the relaxing in the sauna afterwards was very enjoyable. After the heat of the saunas it is really nice to lie on the loungers out on the sun terrace and watch the swifts who have now returned for summer. For me the real feeling of summer is seeing and hearing the swifts chasing each other around a bright blue sky.

In the early evening we had our first BBQ of the season. We had some bio beef streaks, which were truly outstanding, bratwurst, kebabs and morel mushrooms. I just barbied the mushrooms straight until they were crunchy. They were gorgeous. The Juniorette has found a new trick. She shouts to our neighbours saying that she is really thirsty and wants to drink a beer. Then she necks a lot Mrs H’s non-alcoholic beer. We obviously informed our neighbours that it wasn’t normal beer. We don’t want the social workers calling round! - Hopefully the Juniorette will repeat this trick the next time my mum comes over to stay, as the look on her face will be priceless!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

I just looked over and saw Hubby downing a Warsteiner! Made me laugh. Now when Juniorette starts saying she wants a "Warsteiner" or "Andecks" instead of some near beer, then you'll have to worry! LOL

May 05, 2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey for bbq's.. I want one myself but I don't think we are getting one until we move...

May 06, 2006 12:13 AM  
Blogger Tati said...

Yes, yes BBQ time - what a wonderful time :-)

Tell Juniorette to lay off that beer (even the non-alcohol variety) or she might get a beer belly ;-)

May 06, 2006 7:15 AM  
Blogger J said...

Non-alcoholic beer? Yuck!

May 06, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Neutron said...

A "swift half"! Haven't heard that expression for ages! Ta very much.

May 06, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

We're BBQ addicts! When the weather allows, we even BQ in winter (we do eat indoors then, thought :-)) And the grillled morel? Well I'll just have to try that!

May 06, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - I'll be worried as well when she starts asking for beers by brand name! :)

Expat - BBQ's are what summer is all about! :)

Karen - I'll tell her that! :) I don't think she really likes the taste of beer :)

J _ I have tried a couple of non-alcoholic beers lately and they didn't taste too bad :)

Neutron - It used to be standard vocab at one time! :)

Canadianswiss - BBQ in winter! now thats brave, but with Glühwein I bet its fun! :)

May 06, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

BBQ ... I'm envious, because we are still waiting for the trees around us to drop the last of the fuzzy white seed-balls (we are swimming in the stuff ... why can't the Germans cut down these trees?).

Is there a point to non-alcoholic beer?

May 07, 2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We saw many Swifts yesterday on our bike trip. As I write this, the German is trying out the grill for the first time this year. I hope he does not burn the place down!

May 07, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger talk said...

Hi. You write well. Can we exchange links? If you have time, pls check my site :-)

May 07, 2006 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home