tger greenhaddock: Dr Haddock Consults

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Dr Haddock Consults

I got my results today from the blood test that I had last week. My blood pressure is a bit high, I have elevated levels of cholesterol, and my thyroid gland seems to be only working a 35 hour week. It all sounds worse than what it is really (So says Dr Haddock and his assistant, Nurse Google). The Doc has upped my thyroid meds which should bring down my cholesterol levels, as well as allowing me to lose weight. Plus I wont feel lethargic anymore. Combine this with my fitness regime in the New Year and I'll be a new Haddock come springtime. Also in January I get to wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours. Isn't medicine fun! :)

I've also been infected (tagged) by Viernach with the following Meme

Rules: Post 5 random and weird facts about yourself, then at the end, list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect. Also, leave a post to these people letting them know they have been infected.

1. If I drink vodka I lose my shoes

2. I was expelled from school, but was later re-instated

3. I have no middle name

4. I swear in my sleep

5. My grandmother and father-in-law are the same age

So I in turn infect Christina, Martin, Belinda, J and Jen

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol infected- appropriate considering your recent doctors visits.

I love the first one of yours.

December 15, 2005 8:01 AM  
Blogger jen said...

yeah, haddock, you had me a little worried for a minute.

December 15, 2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh thank you SO much! :-)

December 15, 2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Weirdly enough, the high blood pressure can also come from low thyroid. I had that last year and also had to have a monitor. I'm due for a test as well. I wonder what they'll discover this time.

December 15, 2005 2:42 PM  
Blogger Tiiu said...

Beautiful blog!

December 15, 2005 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home