tger greenhaddock: A cure for insomnia

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A cure for insomnia

Last night Mrs Haddock invented a new drink. Gluhwine with a tot of ouzo in it. Little did she realise at the time that she had also stumbled apon the cure for insomnia. I spent most of today horizontal in a deep slumber.

Not to be out done I am working on a formula for instant weight loss, and is loosely based around drinking 10 pints of real ale. It will be marketed at people who have tried the weight watchers program and failed. I thought the following slogan would be appropriate.
If the bottom has fallen out of your world, then drink real ale, and the world will fall out of your bottom
Sounds like a winner to me! :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glühwein with Ouzo?
Now, I'm not going to knock anything until I've tried it (actually, considering some of the girls I've met in Streatham, ignore that last sentence).
However, if my local Christmas market does it, then I'll give it a try. My personal favourite for best weight watchers / Brigitte diet is the raw eggs cure. Eat enough raw eggs and you'll get salmonella - lose 5 kilos in 3 days for that perfect "Strand-Figur"....

November 30, 2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger J said...

LOL @ the slogan!

November 30, 2005 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure beats the "eat a tapeworm" diet I was about to try. stuff falling out of my bottom seems like a plan!

score

1 to haddock!

December 01, 2005 8:12 AM  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Drink ten pints of real ale for a diet? sounds good to me!

What happens? you end up so drunk that you end up dancing naked down the High Street and then get arrested and have to eat prison food for seven days, that should lose some weight!

All the snow in Devon has gone now! 1mm of snow and we come to a grinding halt!

Cheers!

December 01, 2005 5:07 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Neil - Excellant "Strand-Figur" diet. Just not sure if I can do the raw egg thing though. I would probably have to drink the Glühwine/ouzo first, wash that down with a pint of real ale, and then try the egg! - It could be messy!

Belinda - Beer has always got to be more fun than tapeworms. ;)

Martin - I never thought of the added bonus of the prison food diet! :)

December 01, 2005 8:10 PM  
Blogger granny p said...

I can't get real ale in the Canaries. What do you recommend instead.

PS. why is ale of any kind only comes up in blogs by men?

December 02, 2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Granny p - I guess Guinness could be a good substitute. The men/ale thing must be genetic :)

Cass - Mrs Haddock is choosing the wine already! :)

December 03, 2005 8:12 AM  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, With a diet like that......even i might give it a go !!!!

December 25, 2010 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home