tger greenhaddock: Two birds with one stone

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Two birds with one stone

I had another physio appointment yesterday. My therapist, Miss C, only speaks German, so I have to talk German for the full session. It's a bit like taking a German course at the same time.

She told me yesterday that she is still undergoing training in the dark art of physio therapy and she hopes to one day to study the liver. It's apparently quite an advanced art, but when perfected allows the therapist to manipulate the liver so that it processes alcohol faster, thus making hangovers less potent and quicker to evaporate.

Naturally I requested that I be first in the queue to experience this type of physio when she qualifies.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah German medical expertise I remember it well. I also remember all the compound nouns that litter German medicine and the fact that they are required to tell you all the things that could go wrong before any procedure!!! I almost discharged myself from hospital after being warned I could get something akin to Herzschmerzenfluggeneinfrachtenschaft, I thought perhaps I could handle anything the appendix could throw at me!

November 22, 2005 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...laughing... I feel like that when I speak Thai.. free lessons at the hairdresser or even the other day at the emergancy room !!!

November 23, 2005 1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manipulate the liver? Sounds a bit scary. Is there anaesthetic involved?

November 24, 2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger Rocky said...

That sounds like an interesting medical advancement. Probably too late for me. I was such a boozehound in my younger years and still throw back many a beer on Sundays. When my liver finally quits, my only hope is probably a transplant.

November 24, 2005 5:48 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Belinda & Flo - *Manipulate the liver* - most of the physio I have encountered so far is about increasing the blood flow to muscles or organs. So I guess its something to do with that. Which probably means pressing very hard on the abdomen somewhere, and undoubtedly involves pain.

Rocky - apparently the liver can take a serious ammount of abuse (unless you are George Best - a former UK soccer player). It can also regenerate itself to a certain degree....so your still in with a chance :)

November 24, 2005 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home