tger greenhaddock: Blending in with the Black Forest

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Blending in with the Black Forest


Tomorrow the Haddock family are heading south to the Black Forest to celebrate my father-in-laws 80th birthday. The whole family will be staying in a hotel for the weekend, which will be great for the Juniorette as she will get to run wild with her cousins which she doesn't get to do that often

My father-in-law is a great guy and I get on really well with him. His English is very good, he has a very good sense of humour, and loves English tea. I suspect he picked all this up when he was a POW held by the British. He said they were very nice to him, unlike the French who he also had a brief stay with at the end of the war.

This weekend will all be about relaxation and celebration in the company of my German in-laws. I am sure we will all have a really nice time and will enjoy some great cuisine and no doubt some very fine wine.

I suspect I will be the only English person at the hotel. So I guess I will try and blend in with the German majority in a similar vein to the photo above.

3 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Hello. Yours was the first site that came up when I clicked on the fateful "Next blog". I sometimes can spend a lot of time wading through uninteresting stuff, but this time I struck the jackpot with your blog straight away.

I'm interested to hear if the Black Forest is still beautiful, and if they've been able to stop the trees from going brown.

I love the photo of the fox in amongst the dogs!

November 24, 2005 11:19 AM  
Blogger Val said...

Uh, I didn't mean what that might have sounded like: I meant that the jackpot was that your blog is actually fun to read.

November 24, 2005 11:33 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Glad you like my blog. Hope to stop by again sometime.

The trees in the black forest stiil have a problem with going brown and dying. I am not sure why but Mrs Haddock say it has been happening for quite a few years now.

November 24, 2005 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home