tger greenhaddock: Hogwarts School Report

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hogwarts School Report

Last night Mrs Haddock and I went out to the Cinema to watch the new Harry Potter movie - The goblet of fire. Our local Cineplex in Marburg normally shows all the big movies in English as well as dubbed German. This is probably as Marburg is a University town with a very high percentage of students most of whom can speak English very well. Hence I was probably the oldest Potter groupie in the audience.

I wont bother to review the movie as most people will have read the book or perhaps seen the film by now, but in the Haddock's view this is the best film so far and has quite a lot of humour in it, mainly subtle and more to a British taste. The actors are improving with age.



Today Mrs Haddock and I went to school to have a little chat with the Juniorettes teacher. It was a progress report that all the parents have been having over the last week or so. The Juniorettes teacher also happens to be the School Headmistress as well. She informed us that the Juniorette is settling in and performing well. Basically nothing bad to report (unlike when I was at school!)

I spoke English, my wife spoke German and the Headmistress switched between languages depending on who she was addressing. At some point I noticed the Juniorettes face at the window, and later discovered she had been eavesdropping at the door as well. Top marks for improvisation! - as a kid I would have done the same. Apparently she was worried what might have been said about her. She need not have worried as everything that was said was positive and nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Well done Juniorette, long may your good work continue!

Looking fwd very much to the new Harry Potter movie.

November 25, 2005 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're lucky! my kids kiga teachers never make such effort to speak english to me, grrrr...!

ey, we used to go to marburg's cineplex to watch english movies... and then my son was born... so now, it's videothek for us :(

November 27, 2005 6:38 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Ruth - We don't get out that often and when we do we have to take a babysitter for the Juniorette. So it's the videothek for us as well most of the time.

November 28, 2005 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home