tger greenhaddock: Ring of Fire

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ring of Fire

My new organic seed catalogue arrived a few days ago, and I have been leafing through the pages trying to decide on what to plant in the garden this coming spring. So far I've been concentrating on the chilli's & peppers section, and this year I'm going to have a go at growing pumpkins. Selecting the pumpkin variety is proving troublesome - it's a question of a trade off between size and taste. One chilli that has caught my eye is called Ring of Fire. I will have to grow these :)

The Juniorette will be having a section of garden this year, and she has told me already that she wants to grow peas, tomatoes & strawberries. She played in a football tournament yesterday and her team came third. The Juniorette was very proud of herself as she scored another goal. I was unable to attend as I was working, but Mrs Haddock get me updated via text messages.

5 Comments:

Blogger J said...

How about using the Boweltowners' method of pumpkin growing? Buy a pumpkin, scoop out the insides, plant them and you have pumpkins.

I think it's great that Juniorette wants to start her own garden. Tell her I said Congrats on the goal.

December 04, 2005 11:57 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

J - That's got to be the easiest way with the pumpkins. The juniorette is really into gardening which is great (she likes the productive stuff not the weeding!). I'll pass on your congrats for the goal.

December 04, 2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger jen said...

It did work well. But we don't eat them. We butcher them and replant.

Also, GH, i think its really brave to use the title Ring of Fire right after Bollocks.

December 04, 2005 4:49 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Jen - Google should be sending me some interesting search traffic :)

December 04, 2005 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juniorette scored a goal? WOW excellent! Congratulations.

December 05, 2005 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home