tger greenhaddock: Roar!

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Roar!

Recently swenglishexpat over at Fruits of my Mind awarded me a Roar. I would be the last person to describe myself as a writer, as I am not. But nether the less my humble little blog is honoured to receive the award. Greenhaddock really started out as a journal to document the changes occurring over the seasons in our garden, but rapidly changed more into entries about the Juniorette and football. I guess I should put a bit more green and garden stuff in some time, and I suppose I should use spell checkers more often, but hey life's too short for good grammar!

Here are the details of the award: Those people I've given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc., etc. Let's send a roar through the blogsphere! The image at the top left can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.

My tips to good and powerful blog writing are:

  1. Content is the most important thing. It should be interesting.
  2. Not too long an article as many people have short attention spans (me included)
  3. Pictures of naked women do help (not really, but I couldn’t really think of a good third one!)

So for my award nominees (I know it's only 3!)

Bob Gentry – Bob’s Journal was one of the first blogs I came across in the blogosphere and I have been reading ever since. He is also a very talented singer/songwriter and his music really rocks!

Red Baron – Der Roter Baron writes some very thought provoking posts. He tackles the more serious political issues in the world, and isn’t afraid to say what he thinks. I like his style.

Beaman’s World – A very powerful writer who has written some extremely good short stories and beautiful poetry.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm happy to applaud your well-deserved award, I have always enjoyed your blend of diary and observation and having lived the life over there with the Wurst-Fressers I can enjoy reliving those things I remember.

I am further honoured by you awarding me a ROAR. I am pleased you enjoy your little sojourns to my little hole of left-wingdom! Long may both continue.

December 02, 2007 3:22 AM  
Blogger Beaman said...

Thank you Haddock for the award. I am honoured! I wish to dedicate my award to my mother, my father, my cats, their fleas, my aunt, my uncle, their cats and their fleas, my neighbours, their neighbours, all the street in fact and......suffice to say I will make an entry in the next few days about my award. ;) Thanks!

December 02, 2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

You write very well. And your blog is about Juniorette, but also about life in Germany for someone who is not a born German. It has to be, strange. And you make us see that, but in the best and most amusing ways!

December 02, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! I enjoy your blog too!

December 03, 2007 5:03 AM  
Blogger swenglishexpat said...

You see, other people think you deserve it too! :-) I agree with your two (three?) points, and I will check out your nominees when I get time, as in point 2 ;-)

December 04, 2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home