tger greenhaddock: The first Swim meet

Sunday, October 07, 2007

The first Swim meet

Yesterday the Juniorette attended her first Swim meet. She has wanted to do this for a very long time. Her trainer had arranged that her first competitive swim would be in Marburg, so that she didn’t have the added stress of a big journey to contend with. She was quite apprehensive before meet and was quite anxious that she may be disqualified if she didn’t perform the dives and turns correctly.

She swam 25m & 50m Breaststroke and 25m & 50m Freestyle and wasn’t disqualified (which she was very happy about!). She attained first place in the 25m & 50m Breaststroke, 2nd in 50m Freestyle, and 3rd in 25m Freestyle. As it was her first meet she was in the first timers group, but in subsequent meets she will be allocated to races where her fellow swimmers have comparable times.

I wasn’t able to attend the swim meet as I had to work, but I did see a very happy and proud girl when I returned home. There is a further meet at the end of the month and hopefully I will be able to attend then.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Wow! That's quite an achievement for a first meet. Congratulations!

October 07, 2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

Yay Juniorette!!!!

October 07, 2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Neil @ DNALogic said...

Excellente Herr Haddock - your offspring also have fish-like qualities.....

That said, I remember as a kid being driven by coach to various swimming galas up and down the country and it just wound you up even more - I knocked myself out on a turn at 100m backstroke - and did the super attractive lifeguardess try mouth to mouth? YES!, but I don't remember a thing. The brain is evil, I tell you.....

October 08, 2007 1:42 AM  
Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Well done, Juniorette!

October 08, 2007 5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah!!! The first one..

I have my first one of the season in November. I still get a bit nervous before I swim. Warming up is important and playing and laughing and resting ones feet are the most important things around..

add some cranberries and bananas for energy too!

And I must laugh at the way you speak about the swim meet..

Juniorette swims in heats. She probably swims in the time division for the certain time she has entered. Once she qualifies for a certain time, then she can move up to the next division.. That is at least how it is in the US...

But very cool!

My first meet was when I was 9 years old and traveled about 1.5 hrs to get there. I placed 6th, 8th, 8th and 7th... It was a 50 meter pool..

Hehe

October 10, 2007 3:53 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Wow, sounds like she's just a natural athlete. Well done!

October 11, 2007 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are super results for the juniorette.

Mam

October 11, 2007 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your swimming meet, you did very well. Waiting to hear more news about your swimming in the future.
Love you.
Gran.

October 11, 2007 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home