tger greenhaddock: Chicken Run

Monday, October 17, 2005

Chicken Run

Yesterday the Haddock Girls carved a pumpkin into the typical Halloween face ready for the end of the month. Mrs Haddock. then made a pumpkin soup with the innards. This was a new experience for me as I have never had pumpkin soup before. I found it rather pleasant. This was followed by a feast of chicken legs and vegetables including the last of the zucchini from the garden. Very yummy.

With the current bird flu outbreak reaching Europe and the impending mass slaughter of poultry I wonder how long we will be able to have chicken leg feasts. But of course this will pale into insignificance if the bird flu mutates and crosses over to us homo sapians. The UK government recently stated that if a flu pandemic breaks it expects up to 53,000 deaths and up to 700,000 deaths in a worst case scenario. This is serious shit. But before it happens I'm going to pig out on chicken legs as much as I can. You know it makes sense - it's finger licking good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home