tger greenhaddock: More football, less fish

Thursday, October 13, 2005

More football, less fish

I have had no time to blog for the last couple of days. My last night shift was mental. Didn't even have time to eat my sandwiches let alone write a blog article. Yesterday I was too full of beer to blog. It was my first day off, so it was effectively Friday for me. I watched football on the telly followed by a DVD and supped a few cold ones.

A few days ago we had a visit from the chimney sweep to clean the chimney. He seemed quite interested in the paper brickettes that I had made for the wood burner. He had all the gear on as they do here in Germany, and they have apparently stopped using little children to climb up the chimney to clean it. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

We had the bill from the builders for the work recently completed and it came in under budget - will wonders never cease.

Also in the past few days a couple of the neon fish died. We have checked the water and may be the nitrate content is a little high, so we have changed some of the water. I guess we now cross our fingers and hope the little buggers have not signed a suicide pact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home