tger greenhaddock: Shiney Steve

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Shiney Steve

When I was a kid war comics were all the rage. The British Tommy once again giving the dastardly Hun another bloody nose - it was all ripping stuff. But as you got older you grew out of all this boys own stuff, unless that is if you are serving in Her Majesties Armed Forces -particularly the Infantry. I was amazed during my times in the Falklands that so many Pongo's still read this stuff as adults.

An old friend in Blighty (Shiney Steve) mentioned a while back that he still had a war comic collection from when he was a kid, so he kindly sent me Red Cross parcel with the above enclosed. These are originals from the 1970's and all have stories about hard as nails sergeants and the like taking on machine gun nests single handed. It took me right back to my childhood.

I recommend a visit to Shiney's website, its rather humorous. Children under 18 should promise not to view the adult section. Have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home