tger greenhaddock: Gone with the wind

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Gone with the wind

There is a tradition in Germany that occurs around this time of year. It is the consumption of Zwiebelkuchen (Onion Quiche) and Federweisser wine. This is a new wine which is green in colour, it is cloudy, and is still fermenting. This is not a good combination to have in ones stomach.

I think I discovered last night in bed how the hovercraft was invented, and I was very thankful that the Juniorettes football tournament was held outside today, and not in the sports hall. It is an insane combination of food and drink, and to make it a tradition is just plum crazy. I wont be participating in this tradition again next year.

I used to think brussel sprouts & baked beans was a nasty combination. How naive I was. This Teutonic creation could actually be the answer to our generations energy crisis. However tapping this source of "natural gas" may prove problematic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home