tger greenhaddock: Chilli Chutney

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Chilli Chutney

Last evening I made some more chilli chutney. I decided to up the stakes a bit and added 50% more chilli's - you know it makes sense!
Below is the recipe I use for this wondrous creation. I found it over at Downsizer.net - all I did was convert the amounts to metric measurements

100g Chilli's (adjust for heat depending on what you have available) 4 large Peppers 500g tomatoes 400g onions 500g cooking or dessert apples 250g brown sugar 500ml vinegar 1 tsp black pepper, lightly cracked 1 tsp mustard seeds (or cumin) Chop it all up, throw into a pan and cook for about an hour and a half to two hours. Dead simple.

Below is what it looks like in the early stages of cooking.


Highly recommended with cold meat or fried egg sandwiches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home