tger greenhaddock: Sleeping like a dead crocodile

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sleeping like a dead crocodile

I used to sleep like a dead crocodile all the time. Getting out of bed in the morning/afternoon used to be the hardest thing I ever did some days. But not anymore. In the last few years, and in particular the last 6 months I wake up between 6:30 - 7:00 every morning during my days off. If like last night my sciatic nerve gives me a bit of trouble in the wee hours, resulting in sporadic sleep, then the following day I am a wreck. That is me today, and I have just started night shift - oh joy.

This morning the Juniorette's school along with all parents went on a walk (5km) to a picnic area in a nearby village. It was an enjoyable event and I think really promotes a sense of community amongst parents and the school. I guess that was the idea of the event anyway. I even had to speak a bit of German for while. It's not good to inflict that type of teutonic torture on a chap when he's tired - it's just not cricket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home