tger greenhaddock: The beginning

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The beginning

The Juniorette and I have been playing the computer game ‘Roller Coaster Tycoon 2’ on and off lately. We generally play together, but occasionally she plays on her own (which is good because she has to boot her computer and learn to read English to play the game).

A few days ago we were playing it on my PC together. Usually we take it in turns to play whilst the other comes up with clever ideas for a better strategy. Whilst I was playing the mouse started acting up. It was an intermittent fault which was rather annoying. I had assumed it was a dirty mouse, and I was starting to get a bit angry as I would have to stop playing and clean the mouse. This was when I noticed that the Juniorette was operating the arrow keys. She looked at me, smiled and then said “I wondered when you would notice it was me”. This girl is going to be trouble when she is older.

Technorati Tags: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Smart girl! :-) How old is she?? Seven? Wait until she goes through puberty! LOL. Hehe.

February 25, 2006 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yea. I'm trying to stay ahead of my kids when it comes to computers.. but its a loose-win situation :-) kids just learn so much faster than me.

February 26, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger Tati said...

Very smart girl indeed!

February 26, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

I love the Tycoon games. I have the Cinema Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, Tabloid Tycoon, Transport Tycoon and Theme Hospital. It's just amazing how fast time goes by playing those.

I will not comment on what your daugther did - my parents are not the brightest when it comes to computers - so I know exactly how much she had :)

I think it is great that your girl are learning english aswell as german - I might be wrong but usually when I meet german people they have a hard time with english since everything is syncronized.

February 26, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger EuroTrippen said...

LOL... I like her already!

February 26, 2006 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he! That's the kind of thing people do to me! I am so unobservant!

just saw you in the Battles and of course voted for you :)

February 26, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Canadianswiss - Puberty I guess is going to be hell :)

Lillian - That's very true. I am ahead of her at the moment, but I wonder for how long? :)

Karen - Too smart at times :)

Nan - The Tycoon games are good fun. I like these type of management games, and my daughter does as well. She's fluent in speaking English, she just needs to learn to read & write in it as well.

Eurotrippen - She's a great kid. Hope you guys are settling into Dresden ok.

Lydia - I voted for you in the battles as well :)

February 26, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Ha ha! She's a tricky one, that Juniorette. In a couple of years she'll be too smart for all of us.

February 28, 2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Christina - That's what I am afraid of!

March 02, 2006 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home