tger greenhaddock: Busy days off

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Busy days off

The weekend is over for me as I am back at work again. I had a busy time during my 4 days off. Mrs H and I visited a bathroom studio to order a shower cubicle for the main bathroom. This was a major result as normally in Germany you have order the fittings, and then find another firm to come and install them. This firm does the lot.

We also lucked in with the Natural Stone firm that we visited. They also provide a full service. We plan to have the cellar steps (The Bunker as I like to refer to it) tiled with granite. I think slowly the recession in Germany is starting to force some companies to become a bit more user friendly. Whilst we were ordering the new shower cubicle our cleaning lady broke the one in our guest bathroom. Weird! – I wonder what the odds are of that happening?

On the fitness front we have been to the gym and been for a couple of brisk walks in the last few days. So far we have the short flat walk (20 mins) and the long hilly walk (50 mins). Yesterday during the long walk we saw a group of 6 deer. Since the peak before last Christmas, my blood pressure is slowly returning to normal, and I have managed to shed a couple of kilos. So it’s still all on track for a new lean, mean Haddock machine.

Technorati Tags: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Hi Thought I'd drop in. See you comment here and there. I like your "true thoughts" or "no bullshit" comments. I think I have to come by more often.

Shit thing with your guest bathroom shower.

February 05, 2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Sparky - Thanks for the encouragement! :)

CanadianSwiss - Thanks for stopping by. I've seen your comments on other sites as well.
We managed to fix the broken shower part with glue! - not too sure how long it will hold though! :)

February 06, 2006 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mr.and Mrs. Haddock! I joined a gym too and it's really been working wonders for me :D

February 06, 2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Haddock, My excuse for not excercising is that it's too cold and snowy to run. Hope my boyfriend doesn't see this! He'll sign me up for the gym. :(
That shower looks nice, about twice the size of mine!
Have a nice day

February 06, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haddock - I was remember while loosing quite a few kilos in France that I got up and managed to get my sorry butt outside by 8:10am daily. My goal was to make it back by 9am so that I could eat! I only had coffee before then and ended up loosing 2 sizes of clothing. So it had to have worked. So if you are up for it, try walkiing in the morning before eating. IT's a metabolism booster!

February 06, 2006 8:45 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Belinda - Great! - Keep up the good work! :)

Lydia - Your secret is safe with me :)

Expat - Before breakfast!? - perhaps I'll do this in the summer- I couldn't handle it in the winter. But as you say its metabolism booster, so I will try it. :)

February 07, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Markh - I sure you will suceed in your goal.

February 09, 2006 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home