tger greenhaddock: Can I lie down now please!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Can I lie down now please!

Today Mrs H and I visited the fitness studio for our first fitness session. It was a lot of fun, but very knackering. As I type this all I want to do is have a lie down. The trainer was a friendly lad, who could speak both English and German. He made us go on lots of fitness machines which seemed to be designed to cause pain for my finely tuned beer drinking muscles. But the worst for me was the plain old sit ups. My belly (main beer muscle!) really didn’t want to play. The session and resulting chat lasted about an hour and a half, and we’ve now signed up for a year’s membership. I probably was suffering from a diminished oxygen supply to my brain at the time of signing.

Apparently we are returning to the sweat shop later this week. To be honest I was pretty tired when we arrived there toady after walking up all the stairs. The gym is on the top floor. I guess they do it that way to weed out the weaklings. There’s German efficiency for you!

Tonight I am going to relax. The beer is cooling in the fridge and I have the DVD series of England winning the Ashes last summer against the Australians to watch. It’s a cricket thing. It’s so much easier to watch other people do sport!

5 Comments:

Blogger leon's life said...

Well done - I started going to the gym six months ago after xx years of non-action.

The first few sessions were so hard, but it really does get better, and I now even enjoy it !

January 18, 2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hiya, this is completely off topic so apologies in advance.

Remember when you were telling us abaout how you had applied for a few tickets for games in the World Cup and the ticket people charged your card for all the games until you find out which ones you'll be able to buy?

Well, I heard this week that over 6 million tickets have been booked with only 250,000 available for purchase! They have taken the dough from football fans for 6 million tickets. Imagine the interest they're earning on that money until the ballot! What a rort!!

I instantly thought of you and Mrs Haddock when I heard that news item!

January 18, 2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Leon's life - I am still hurting from the trip to the gym. I am glad to know it gets better.....I couldn't cope feeling like this all the time! :)

Ms Mac - FIFA are bastards. They are fleecing a lot people for a lot of money. I just hope they give the money back if you don't get tickets!

January 19, 2006 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad move, mr haddock! blogging about it means that now you've got the blogging community watching your progress, haha! :)

now get off that couch and work on that... well, what contraption is that anyway?

January 19, 2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Ruth - It is all part of my clever plan to make sure I continue going to the gym :)
Motivation is a killer for me but if I know I am being monitored I will have to do it! :)

January 20, 2006 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home