tger greenhaddock: Almost fit to drop

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Almost fit to drop

Yesterday Mrs Haddock and I took another step closer to joining the fitness studio. We went and bought the sports clothes that we apparently need. Personally I saw nothing wrong in a pair of shorts and an old Mötorhead T-shirt. In was a long and arduous process, and the super slim shop assistant seemed to take great delight in informing me that each pair of training shoes that I wanted to try on were for women. Perhaps I have feminine feet? - Anyways what are the differences between Men & Women’s feet?

Eventually we were kitted out with super breathable shirts, space age tracksuit leggings, and go faster training shoes. We also discovered that size wise all the items were designed to be snug fitting. The self esteem to be gained from bulging at the seams can only consolidate our desire to shed a bit of weight. Still, I had a nagging feeling as we left the shop that we had been had. Well at least when we finally get to visiting the fitness studio not only will I feel like a right plonker, but now I get to look like one as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger leon's life said...

Now that you have bought the gear you'll have to go....

Don't worry you wont look and sillier (now how do you spell that, my English is getting so bad) than anyone else.

January 04, 2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Men's feet smell yukky while women's feet smell of roses!

January 04, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Exercise...I'll drink to that!

The best of British luck to you old chap!

PS I left 50K in a parcel for you outside our house but you were obviously too busy to pick it up!

January 04, 2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger christina said...

OK, I'll give you three months and then we'd like some before and after pictures, please! :-)

January 05, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Leons Life - I'll just close my eyes when I am at the gym.

Ms Mac - Well that's solved that mystery then :)

Martin - I saw the parcel, but it looked too suspicious :)

Bob - That's funny about the guys trying on high heeled shoes. A guy at work the other day recieved a parcel with high heeled shoes inside. I must blog about that sometime.

Christina - I'll see what I can do about the pictures - I might have to buy a wide angled lens! :)


Blogger wants me to type in the word LARDU as word verification - that is spooky! (but at least it wasn't lardass!!)

January 06, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd agree new balance are the best. I'm a convert. I'm trying to get back into the full swing of things too. And at least some progress reports would be cool. By the way, I think wearring whatever you want is best!

January 06, 2006 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home