tger greenhaddock: For a clean house just add Ouzo

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

For a clean house just add Ouzo

This last weekend we had house guests from Bremen staying with us. It was a jolly nice time and we had a lot of fun. On the Saturday evening we went out to eat at our local restaurant. The food was good as always, and we enjoyed a couple of beers and schnapps. Watered and fed we returned home to chat, sup a couple more beers, and finish off the ouzo that we acquired in Crete last summer.

Apparently it was the ouzo that did it.

Mrs H was woken up at 5am by some strange noises. Mrs Bremen was just about to start hoovering the house. Prior to this she had already done 2 loads of washing (our clothes!). This behaviour can not be normal, and later when I woke and Mrs H explained to me what had happened, I found it both bizarre and amusing. I also realised we could ditch our normal cleaning lady and invite our Bremen visitors more often! – Ouzo doesn’t cost that much!

6 Comments:

Blogger Neil @ DNALogic said...

And it'S great for removing stains as well, just pour it on, allow to soak for five minutes and then lick it off (wouldn't want it to go to waste)...

January 10, 2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger leon's life said...

Do the Bremen family do DIY too !

I am willing to give them a 2 bottles of Ouzo, if they will come and re-tile and decorate my bathroom.

January 10, 2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger PapaScott said...

While my mother was visiting we found Pinot Grigio to work quite well, especially with repeated applications.

January 10, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Lol! Sounds like a good idea to me! My younges daughter will wash the diches when she comes by! We just smile! Have a good week!

January 11, 2006 2:27 AM  
Blogger Frances D said...

Sounds like great guests to me!
I found you via your rental on Bob Gentry's Blog - do hope all the medical stuff works out.
Regards

January 11, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Inactualfact - never waste alcohol - I couldn't agree more

Leons Life - I wish they would do DIY. I still need the office decorating. :)

Papascott - So it's not only Ouzo that works!

Bob - You can stay anytime you like. You may have to sing a few songs for the Juniorette though :)

Joe - thanks for stopping by

JEM - Thanks for commenting. The rent a Blog is a pretty cool thing. :)

Cangergiggles - Good job I don't drink the good stuff then! :)

January 13, 2006 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home