tger greenhaddock: Colder than a Witches Tit

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Colder than a Witches Tit

If you pardon the expression. But it is bloody cold here in Marburg at the moment, and I am sure it is a lot colder in other parts of Germany. It was - 10 deg Celsius when the Juniorette set off for school this morning. I felt quite sorry for her as I lay in my nice warm bed. I was so comfortable I fell back to sleep for an hour or so. I love it when I have my days off shift. :)

The Juniorette had quite a full weekend. She played in a football tournament on Saturday, and Mrs H. reports that she played very well. The team came second overall. On Sunday Mrs H. took the Juniorette ice-skating for the first time. She really loved it and was apparently quite good at it as well. The temporary ice rink at the Marburg Botanical Gardens is being dismantled next week, but will be there again next year. I then intend to visit as I have not been ice skating in years.

It has of course been seriously cold in Russia, and I saw a news report that Moscow zookeepers have been giving Vodka to the Elephants to keep them warm. This strikes me as very unwise and definitely can not be good for the Elephants. Our cleaning lady mentioned to Mrs H. yesterday that she didn't think it was that cold in Marburg. Mind you she used to live in Siberia, so I guess Marburg must feel like the Costa Brava to her! :)

Technorati Tags: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weathergirl on the radio last night, after saying that it would be between -12 and -18°C, but colder on the Schwarzwald and Alpenrand thoughtfully added "so be careful drivers, es könnte ortlich glatt werden." No shit! I fell on my arse before I got to where the cars are parked.

January 24, 2006 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SOOOO COLD! Bed is definately the ONLY safe place to be in that freeze ! !!!!!

January 25, 2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Rocky said...

It's interesting that it has been so cold in Europe, as it has been a very balmy January in Minnesota (one of the warmest in history).

By the way, is a witch's tit or a welldigger's ass colder? I've heard both expressions but am not sure how they rank.

January 25, 2006 4:14 AM  
Blogger leon's life said...

My -2° here in France seems mild compared to elsewhere. By brain just can't get around what living in -28° (or whatever they have in Siberia) must be like! )

January 25, 2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger 6000 said...

*sigh*

I feel your cold.

Oh no, my mistake - it's 30C here and bloody lovely...another beer, anyone?

:)

Flo.

January 25, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Make sure you wear your vest young man!

Did you hear that the people who tried to rescue the whale in London got 300 quids worth of parking tickets for their trouble. At least there was a happy ending to the story for someone (the council!)

Cheers mate!

Martin

January 25, 2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home