tger greenhaddock: Bad Papa!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Bad Papa!

We spent the weekend in the Odenwald celebrating Mrs H’s birthday with her parents and sisters. We went out to a local restaurant, and ate some very nice food, and drank some rather nice wine. Mrs H is of course abstaining. I was not. Anyway the wine continued to flow into the evening, and it turned into a late one chatting with my in laws. I think I might have been drunk.

I certainly still felt that way the next morning. We had to leave early the next morning as the Juniorette had a football tournament to attend. I slept in the car for the journey back to Marburg, whereupon Mrs H made a tactical decision to drop me off at home as I looked terrible and smelt like a brewery. The Juniorette was a bit pissed off as I had promised to go watch her play football. But she got her own back at the tournament by telling all the other parents that her Papa was still drunk from the night before. Ah well, there goes my reputation.

Technorati Tags: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

If it makes you feel any better, we (Mr. Mac and I, known as "The Australians") and our friends (known as "The English") are thought in our neighbourhood to be the biggest drinkers Switzerland has ever seen.

Honestly, I joke about my boozing but we don't drink that much, it's just that our German and Swiss counterparts don't know how to do it properly! ;-)

This comment may make me seem a bit drunk actually but I'm really not!

And your word verification is tglqitia- looks a bit like tequila. Spooky!

February 20, 2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Yay for Juniorette! She's the clever one, isn't she?

February 21, 2006 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one told me that once I had kids.. gone was any possibility to keep things secret..

February 21, 2006 1:33 AM  
Blogger Tati said...

Bad Children!
;-)

February 22, 2006 7:53 AM  
Blogger christina said...

LOL! Juniorette sure doesn't mince words. :-)

Happy Belated Birthday, Mrs. Haddock!

February 22, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger EuroTrippen said...

See, this is why I don't drink... there's always someone out there more than willing to point out what a fool you've been. lol.

February 23, 2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Ms Mac - I've always suspected that the Germans cant drínk properly :)

Dixie - She's getting too clever by half!

Lillian - So true!

MarkH - Wine makes a good subsitute, but I cant drink many pints of the stuff! :)

Karen - :)

Christina - I dont know where she gets it from ;) Bday greets passed onto Mrs H.

Eurotrippen - I tend to be a fool with or without alcohol :)

February 23, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL! That's perfect... she'll have you trained ;-)

February 25, 2006 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard the Torfrock song - Ich bin blau, sung to the tune of Free's Alright Now?!

February 26, 2006 2:06 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Michelle - That's what I am scared of! :)

Red Baron - I haven't, but I can imagine its good.....and I did feel a bit blau that day! :)

February 26, 2006 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home