tger greenhaddock: Plastered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Plastered

I am currently on nightshift and I am knackered. I didn’t get much sleep today as we have the builders in again, and they tend to make a lot of noise, even when the job they are doing should not be that noisy. That is the way it is with builders. I am not annoyed though, as the plaster work that was done today was done well, and the work rate was very good – only one break in a full 8 hour period of work. For a builder that is phenomenal. Normally they are on breaks more than they are actually working!

By the end of the week all the plastering and putz work (think the English term is Artex) will be done in the office, main bathroom, and the inside cellar steps. If all goes well the granite will arrive for the cellar steps next week. To top it off we had a phone call today saying that the new furniture we ordered will be delivered next week as well. So it’s a busy time at the Haddock ranch.

Technorati Tags: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Humm…I always thought is was called “Stucco” in English…but what the fuck…I’m a Yank. Speaking of which…getting a little testy about that FIFA poll aren’t we?

In all seriousness I have mixed emotions about this WM. I would like to see Klinsman do well. I always like him, and he’s really catching hell in the German press. It would nice to see him stuff it in a few faces.

February 16, 2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Just another - That FIFA ranking had to be messed up :) - USA above England & Germany!

I'd like to see Klinsman do well. He's got a good squad and is trying to play good football. With the home advantage Germany should do well. He played twice for the team I support in England (Tottenham Hotspur). In Germany I support Werder Bremen.

February 16, 2006 3:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...then you remember Kasey Keller?

February 16, 2006 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to pop by and say hello. you do sound busy, are all german builders like that? not like in england; you have to make them endless cups of tea ot they won't do anything.

February 16, 2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Just another - Of course I remember Kasey Keller, he was the goalkeeper for Spurs for a couple of seasons, and was the national goalkeeper for the USA team :)
Do you support a German team?

Lydia - Unfortunately most German builder are just like their English counterparts. They are more interested in coffee/smoke breaks than actually working!

February 16, 2006 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a shame, so they are usually part of a universal guild. go to builders university and learn how to generally get out of working anyway they can.

February 17, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haddock,

At this time …no. I don’t really care much for the Bundesliga, mainly because its more like the “Bayern Munich League”. I’d rather go watch my son. He’s a striker on our village’s first team.

Keller is playing for Borussia Monchengladbach and was ranked second in the Bundesliga. He still is our national goalie.

February 20, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Lydia - One of the common phrases I uttered when our house was being built was "I hate bloody builders!"

Bob - switching the body clock doesn't get any easier as you get older! :)

Just Another - Must be great to watch your son play. I know I get a kick out of when I watch my daughter play and she is only 7 years old.

February 26, 2006 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home