tger greenhaddock: Different strokes

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Different strokes



It's been a busy week since I last blogged. The new cabinets for the office arrived and had to be built. Thankfully this task is now complete as building furniture drives me mad. In the garden I have started to dig out a new flower bed, but there is still a lot to do. I have also planted the tomato and sweet pepper seeds in the propagator. This year I am growing three varieties of tomato and three varieties of sweet pepper.

Last weekend we went to a family gathering in Calw to celebrate the 80th birthday of an Aunty from Mrs H. It was an enjoyable occasion and the Juniorette and Mrs H performed a little sketch (as seen above). Later whilst talking to Aunty we discovered she was a very keen swimmer in her youth and she was thrilled to hear that the Juniorette also has a love of the sport. Of course in her day the swimming award levels weren’t named the same as they are now. One was called der Totenkopf (deaths head). I guess things were a bit different during the war.


Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Oh, the video is marvelous. What telent! Thanks so much for posting it.

March 21, 2007 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the Haddock women are truly lovely!

March 21, 2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it too although I only understand about 2% of the words, maybe a bit more..

And the garden - yeah!

And swimming! Yes I'm keeping up too...

March 21, 2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

That was adorable! I loved seeing that video!

March 22, 2007 12:42 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

That was so funny! You have a very talented family! And I'm sure that Juniorette will find the right man... in time. But don't you think that even 38 is a bit old for her? *Wink. Wink* :D

March 22, 2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Christina - She gets that talent from Mrs H. Definitey not from me! :)

Maribeth - I think so as well! :)

ET - I must confess I don't understand all myself! :)

Dixie - It a favourite of mine already! :)

CS - I think you are right 38 is a bit too old for her! :)

March 23, 2007 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I surely understand why Juniorette loves swimming - so do I! I go if possible twice a week. It's all about keeping yourself above the water I have learned... I don't just sink to the bottom anymore so it's very rewarding :D

March 23, 2007 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home