tger greenhaddock: Daylight in Your Eyes

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Daylight in Your Eyes

The work in the garden has started in ernest this week to get it ready for spring. All the pruning was finished and a large amount of weeding was done as well. It was good getting back out into the garden again. I saw a couple of bumble bees and a lone ladybird. As soon as the ground dries out a bit, I have to dig out another flower bed. This will mainly be for roses and various perennials that attract bees and hover flies.

We were able to see the Lunar eclipse in Marburg last night through the gaps in the cloud cover. Apparently it’s the first one since October 2004. In case you missed the one last night there is one on August 28th this year (Daytime), and another on February 21st next year as well.

Above is a photo (taken in 2006) of the Juniorette and Lucy from the band No Angels. The band have recently reformed and are releasing a new single later this month, They were the first band formed from the casting show Popstars in 2001 and rapidly became the most successful Girl-Band in Germany. Their first single "Daylight In Your Eyes" became the most successful single ever in Germany.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

i love flower beds

March 04, 2007 10:13 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

HA! That song is on my iPod.

I missed the eclipse, but I guess I'll have a chance again later this year :)

March 05, 2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger christina said...

We couldn't see the eclipse at all, too many clouds, unfortunately.

And wow, Juniorette must have been thrilled to meet Lucy in person. That little girl really gets around. Maybe she'll be a pop star herself one day. :-)

March 05, 2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

I saw the eclipse up on the moors and the moon was a lovely orangey red colour! I hope your brother feels as fresh as me!

March 05, 2007 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our clouds cleared with about a quarter left. Sad. But hopefully the next one will be better.

March 05, 2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger Beaman said...

I missed the eclipse, somehow, I glanced at the moon on several occasions but each time it was its normal self. Oh well, next time!

March 05, 2007 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Juniorette makes the cutest little Tigger!

Lucy looks like a human being in that photo and not a pop icon. It's a nice change from what I see on television. She also seems to be really tiny.

March 06, 2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, I'm glad you can get out on the garden we most certainly cant,three weeks of one day on one day off rain,every where water logged.I'm glad I container garden.You were lucky with eclipse we had guests until 1am so missed it.

March 06, 2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Our bulbs are starting to come in -a few crocuses so far and the daffodils are coming along. I'm hoping to get a couple more beds in for summer flowers and maybe a small vegetable garden. Since the winter was so lame.. I think I'm ready to move onto spring!

March 07, 2007 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home