tger greenhaddock: The Skoda Family

Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Skoda Family

On Friday Mrs H picked up the new car which is the new model from Skoda called the Roomster. It’s a cross between a standard car and a van, with it being a bit higher at the back. The rear seats can be easily removed for transporting larger items, and this suits our needs perfectly. There is a lot of room inside compared to the Octavia which we just traded in. Mrs H gets to drive the new car and I now get to drive her old one (Skoda Fabia).

The Juniorette is very happy, especially as we managed to incorporate her initials into the registration number of the car. She is also very taken with the type of blue that the car is painted in. I’m just happy that it works. For me a car is a tool and as long as it works and doesn’t break down I am happy.

Today the Juniorette played her first football tournament of the year. I couldn’t attend as I am currently working nights and need to sleep during the day, but Mrs H reports that the Juniorette played very well, but most importantly she had a lot of fun.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very handsome car! And I too love the color. Seems just the other day you ordered it!
Bravo to Juniorette on her first game!

February 03, 2007 11:48 PM  
Blogger Neil @ DNALogic said...

Well, just make sure the wheels are screwed on properly.

February 04, 2007 1:47 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Congrats on the new car! LOL. Looks like we see cars the same way. :)

February 04, 2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

OOOhhh a nice new car. Does it have that "New Car Smell"? I have only once had a brand new car and that was a 1981 Volvo DL that we bought in December 1980. It was maroon in colour and it's name was Erik the Red Volvo, and it lasted me 21 years!

February 04, 2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Excellent looking car!

February 04, 2007 9:08 PM  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Just to think how we used to laugh at Skodas many years ago in the UK but they are a totally different breed of car now since VW took them over. Enjoy your new toy!

February 05, 2007 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting an well written article. Thank you :)

February 06, 2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger J said...

Funny, I drove past a Skoda dealer yesterday and thought of you. Is the colour of the car in the pic the same colour you bought?

Personally, I like the looks of the Roomster. I hope VW keeps it only in the Skoda range.

February 06, 2007 6:22 AM  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi,We looked at the roomster too,might have bought one but dealer was quite a long way away.I too love the colour it was the one we wanted,Ford discontinued it just three wks before we ordered.I Enjoy the blog keep it up.

February 06, 2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger EuroTrippen said...

I'll trade you one slightly used Octavia... lol

February 06, 2007 10:44 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

Before I moved here, I only knew Skoda as the manufacturer of self-propelled guns and tank chasis .... then I saw them and I thought, they look nice for a product of the former east bloc. It is a cute looking car.

February 07, 2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Beaman said...

I'm sure the Juniorette could make the men's England football team based on last nights performance against Spain.

February 08, 2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Very fetching color (the car, not Juniorette)... like a tropical sea... (take me there on a warm breeze!)

February 09, 2007 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home