tger greenhaddock: I hate Mickey Mouse

Monday, January 15, 2007

I hate Mickey Mouse

Well perhaps not hate, probably more like severely dislike, but that's what happens after 2 weeks in Orlando. To be fair I never liked Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald etc when I was a kid. The Disney gang just didn't appeal to me. I liked Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Danger Mouse, and Rhubarb & Custard, to name a few.

The Juniorette on the other hand is really into the Disney gang and she's now got the cuddly soft toys to prove it. But to balance it out we both got a couple of Star Wars light sabers which we have had a lot of fun with since our return to Germany. They light up and make noise, which is quite good for chasing the cats when they have been naughty (incidently our cats are called Mickey & Minnie - I was vetoed on calling them Mickey & Mallory!)

We are back safe and sound in Marburg, but we are parked out, shopped out, and roller coastered out. I rode some rollercoasters that I thought I would never do. The Juniorette made the height requirements in all parks we visited, so it was coaster hell for me at Busch gardens, but coaster heaven for the Juniorette. It was a great holiday and we found the place where we want to stay next time we are in Florida, it's on the Gulf coast and its further away from Disney!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived on the West Coast of FL for 6 years. Hubby and I thought we would enjoy retiring down there. Bah! Too hot. In any case, I lived in Punta Gorda.
I loved Busch Garden,not the roller coasters, but the animals and the music and the country setting inside the park. Hubby liked the free beer.
Just north of Sarasota is a great place to go for pizza, where they have an organist playing an old movie theater organ while you eat. Quite spectacular! It's called Pipes and Pizza.
Anyway, welcome home!

January 16, 2007 12:52 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Ooooh! I love the park attractions AND roller coasters. But wanting to call your cats Mickey and ... Mallory??? I would have vetoed, too! ;-)

And I agree, the Gulf coast is really nice to relax and also has plenty to offer :-)

January 16, 2007 1:01 AM  
Blogger christina said...

"Coaster hell" - LOL! Well, welcome back. :-) I've been on a roller coaster exactly once - never again. And I do NOT like Mickey and his bunch, never have, but you just can't get away from them.

January 16, 2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger Maritza said...

I didn't come to appreciate Disney until I went to the park in Orlando, FL. It was fantastic. You deposit your brain and just let their incredible customer service float you through the park. Seriously, it was perfect and I'm a little cynical. Their attention to their guests and details makes it worth the trip.

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

January 16, 2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Michael72 said...

if only the lines in tokyo disneyland weren't monstrously long :(
thnx for dropping by

January 17, 2007 12:15 AM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I was at Florida Disney 24 years ago with my kids.... haven't been back, but I would really like to, I had a great time there. Maybe I will have to wait for grandchildren, my grandhorses and grandkitties just wouldn't appreciate it!

January 18, 2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

yeah. I loved Dastardly and Muttley. Wacky races and those Hillbillie Bears with Paaw. Meh Mickey and Minnie. Didn’t mind Donald so much.

January 18, 2007 7:45 AM  
Blogger Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Welcome back! My parents took me to Disney World when I was a kid. We went back to the condo for lunch and I refused to return to Disney World with the rest of the family. I think I was 12 at the time, and yeah, I was an odd one.

January 18, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - Busch gardens was probably my favourite park :)

CanadianSwiss - I really liked the Gulf coast :)

Christina - After 2 weeks of rollercoasters I have pretty much overcome my fears. Especially when when the Juniorette insists in sitting in the front seats :)

Maritza - The parks are really well looked after and the staff very friendly. Its just that I dont like Mickey Mouse and his mates! :)

ojno1rules - I wasn't even aware that there was a Disney Park in Japan. I'd better not tell my daughter! :)

ex-shammickite - The Disney Parks are good fun. Lots of attractions for lots of ages :)

Apossitivepessimist - My daughter has really got into Wacky Races which I am glad about as I really liked the show as a kid! Infact I still like it now! :)

Christina - I think there are more Non Mouse fans out there then everyone thinks! :)

January 18, 2007 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ain't to fussed on micky mouse my self.I did enjoy the jungle book though,And of course disneys Robin hood but then i am from Nottingham so i'm expected to!

January 25, 2007 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while looking for an image of Mickey Mouse. I draw pictures on napkins for my son's lunches. I used the image from your blog for a napkin that I'll be putting in his lunch real soon. You can see some of the napkins I've drawn on my blog: murmeister.spaces.live.com. Anyway, thanks for the picture! I'm sure my son will enjoy his napkin. I'll tell him the picture came all the way from Germany! :)

October 13, 2008 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home