tger greenhaddock: Fitter, but only just!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Fitter, but only just!

Last week Mrs H & I went to the fitness studio for a fitness check and a change to our training program. I was still suffering from a heavy cold, but still thought the fitness check would be a good idea. I have learnt a lesson here - its a lot better and easier when you are feeling well.

Mrs H's fitness levels approved dramatically, but mine barely improved. But at least the trend is in the right direction. My blood pressure was bad, my flexibility a joke and heart rate a bit high. But I was pleased with my weight loss and decline in body fat. Personally I doubt the accuracy of the fitness check as I know I am a lot fitter than I was earlier this year.

The new training routine is quite interesting and seems to be targeting different muscles as we were both hurting a lot the next day. Hopefully at my next fitness check my fitness levels will improve a bit more. As the trainer pointed out to me I need to workout more often. Honest! it's on my to do list........

Technorati Tags: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Good for you! I wish I could stick to an exercise routine....perhaps after Xmas? I say that every year!

December 18, 2006 1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My New Years resolution is to start my workout routine after the 1st. I know I am:
Too fat
Not too fit
Too lazy
Hmmmmm! Definitely room for improvement!

December 18, 2006 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started Aquafit a month ago, but recently have been making excuses not to go... like "It's too cold outside" and "I have to write my Christmas cards" and "I'll go tomorrow when I get home earlier"... all valid excuses, right?

December 18, 2006 3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting fit will be my #1 new year's resolution. For now though, it's back to gingerbread cookies and elastic waist bands.

December 18, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Well at least you didn't get worse, which is more than we can say for some of us (points to self)! Keep up the good work. :-)

December 20, 2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Martin - Without Mrs H wielding a big stick I doubt I would get to the gym that often! :)

Maribeth - Definitely room for improvement!..... that should be my motto!

Ex-shammickite - I find excuses all too easily as well! :)

B - Always best to start these things in the new year!

Christina - I'm really quite glad I didnt get worse. That would have totally killed my motivation! :)

December 22, 2006 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home