tger greenhaddock: Wine & Cheese

Friday, November 17, 2006

Wine & Cheese

Researchers today released the results of studies that showed that a substance found in red wine, resveratrol, allowed mice that were fed high-calorie, high-fat diets to avoid the ill effects of their resulting obesity. This, in turn, increased their longevity. The scientists, were, however, shocked at how appallingly bad the mice were at choosing the right kind of wine to go with each type of cheese placed on their plates.

Technorati Tags: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to start drinking! ;o)

November 18, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

So I take it these were not french mice?

I guess I'm still looking for research to confirm the health benefits of scotch and vodka ... I've seen old scots and russians, but I've subsequenltly learned that they merely looked old, probably as a result of the scotch and vodka.

November 19, 2006 2:08 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Wine and Cheese.... Is there anything better?? :)

November 19, 2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger heza said...

maybe they were blind mice :-P

November 19, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger kharman said...

Hmm bring me some cheese, but i dont like red wine and im sure it's not the same with white wine.

November 20, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Hee!

November 20, 2006 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is us humans who are unable to choose the best wine for a certain type of cheese. After all one would think that mice knows best when it comes to cheese.

November 20, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Di Mackey said...

You have made my day :)

I do believe work done with that substance containing resveratrol while living Istanbul may have done me good, based on consumption rates.

November 21, 2006 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that they like a nice glass of Mouse-el with a piece of Mouse- areela.

November 21, 2006 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home