tger greenhaddock: Just an old Mötorhead fan

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Just an old Mötorhead fan

Yesterday my train ride home after a hectic night shift was rather packed. Firstly Frankfurt were playing away in Hannover and a lot of their fans were travelling to watch them. So were a large contingent of Police officers equipped with riot helmets and muzzled dogs. I noticed a few of the ‘fans’ were hardcore, walking with an air of arrogance and menace about them. Not to be messed with.

I found a relatively quiet carriage near the front of the train, but it didn’t stay that way for long. It filled up with punks who are harmless enough. Their music was harsh and brash which upset a few fellow passengers. As an old Mötorhead fan the music didn’t really bother me. They did however become mildly annoying when they spilt wine & beer everywhere and then started smoking. But when one punk tired to open the window where I was sitting I told him No. They had already opened other windows and it was starting to get cold. I explained that to him whilst holding his stare. He walked off. Needless to say if it had been one of the hardcore fans I’d seen earlier I wouldn’t have said a word. There is a natural pecking order in the world and to survive at times it’s good to know ones place in it.

Hopefully the journey home again in a few hours will be a lot quieter.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Whoah! You're one lucky fellow... and a smart one. Well done, picking the right carriage!

October 15, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger J said...

I get stuck on 'Yobbie Trains' from time to time also (usually on a Saturday morning when there's an FC Koeln game) and know what you mean. ugh!

October 16, 2006 10:13 PM  
Blogger Mike B said...

It's amazing how early they get started on the RB's ... a lot to be said for the ICE.

October 16, 2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger Tati said...

Good for you for not letting yourself be intimidated! :-)

October 19, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

I would have been too frightened, but your theory of the pecking order does make sense!

October 19, 2006 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home