tger greenhaddock: It'll soon be winter

Sunday, October 01, 2006

It'll soon be winter

Yesterday we took delivery of 3 cubic meters of wood for our wood burner. It was mainly Beech and Oak and was already chopped to the correct size and dried. It can get as cold as it likes this winter, the Haddock family will stay cosy and warm. Of course that amount of wood takes time to move into the cellar and stack – 3 hours to be precise. I may have missed going to the gym this week, but I think it’s fair to say I had enough exercise yesterday.

The Juniorette has another football tournament today, and she has recently discovered that blogs can contain video. She has requested that I capture some footage of her playing football and post it here. I will try my best but cannot promise anything, but one thing is sure, she is definitely not a shy kid.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Oh wonderful! Looking forward to seeing Juniorette moving along!
I must get Hubby out to collect our wood and then get him chopping for the season. We can get as cold as -30 C here in the winter!

October 01, 2006 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"....already chopped to the correct size and dried!"

That's cheating! And you had the Juniorette to help. It was sunny here at the weekend and the wood-splitter got some heavy use. Not sure if there's enough for the whole winter yet, and we'll just forget all about that "dry" nonsense....

Word Verification = "rykjism"

October 02, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - 30 deg C is seriously cold! It doesn't get that cold here! :)

Naked Nerd - Without our wood burner our heating bills would be a lot higher as well :)

Inactualfact - Correct size and dried is the only way to go. I get knackered too easily nowadays, but having a woodsplitter would be fun though! :)

October 03, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Tati said...

Getting the winter wood in is a chore that is still facing me - but I know what you mean about the exercise ;)

I am very much hoping that this winter will not be as brutally cold and long as the last.

October 04, 2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

I know Haddock. Sometimes in January, I refuse to leave the house. I have coats and sweaters for Greta and little boots. Still I feel very guilty for making her go out to do her business!!! If only she would potty train, she'd be all set! Hihi!!

October 04, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

So... whenever you are looking for more exercise, I've got a wood pile you can start on... just a plane ride away (see, plenty of rest before starting. :)

October 05, 2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Karen - I'm really hoping this winter wont be so harsh as well! :)

Marribeth - I'm afraid -30 deg C is too cold for me. I would refuse to leave the house as well! :)

I.I. Barkat - That's a tempting offer :)

October 06, 2006 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we have the heat on before Halloween, we're sure of a cold Winter! We'll manage, though I wish I had that wood pile to call my own!

October 30, 2006 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Brittany said...

Great post thaankyou

April 24, 2022 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home