tger greenhaddock: Family & Football

Friday, August 25, 2006

Family & Football

My family have returned to the UK after having enjoyed their stay with us in Germany. It was good to see my brother and to chat to him. This doesn’t happen as often as what it should. He may be a married man with four children, but he’s still my kid brother to me.

Whilst they were here the weather was rather changeable but we still managed to get out and about. We visited a few local sites, ate lots of schnitzel, drank lots of beer, and generally chilled out. Good times. They even ate some of the mushrooms we foraged for in the woods. Everyone survived! On one wet day we visited Fort Fun which is a theme park located up in the Sauerland. It wasn't ideal weather and we got wet, but had a lot of fun.

Over a week ago Mrs H, the Juniorette, her Godparents and I went to see Germany beat Sweden 3-0 in a friendly football match. The atmosphere was fantastic and during the first half the German team played some fast attacking football which was superb to watch. We all really had a great night out.

Lots of veggies are ripening in the garden and next week I will be making some chilli chutney using this years horde of chilli’s – Arse Burner, Ring of fire and Early Jalapeno. All have been tried raw and seem to live up to their names and reputations.


Technorati Tags: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Ooooooo, sounds fabulous. My canning days are over until late September when I'll be doing apples and probably plum jam. The garden is just about done with just my butternut squash to harvest.
Siblings can be a lot of fun. I wish I got to see my sister more often.

August 26, 2006 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There shall be big amounts of best mushrooms this year, we didn't have the time to hunt them, but it's good to have some eatable in the garden! Good, that you had a relaxing time with the UK family and a good match at Gelsenkirchen - lots of love to the whole haddock family from deepblue

August 27, 2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - I really should try and see my family more often :)

Cow Camp - Those chilli's can be be a bit explosive! ;)

Deepblue - Thankyou for the fabulous birthday present! I will blog about it soon. We are hoping to forage for a lot more mushrooms this year :)

Naked Nerd - The German team played really well and the Juniorette dressed up (see picture) and had the time of her life :)

August 27, 2006 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post your chutney reciepe please. I've been wanting to try a batch. Arse burners be damned!! LOL

August 30, 2006 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy, I love a good chutney! Those chillies are actually called those names. Yikes!

August 30, 2006 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home