tger greenhaddock: 2nd Annual Whiney Expat Meet Up

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

2nd Annual Whiney Expat Meet Up

Later today the Haddock family are off to Baden Baden again for a mini break. This is effectively our summer holiday this year, but we don’t mind as we have just booked to spend the New Year in Florida doing the Disney Park thing again. The Juniorette is very excited about the prospect of countless rollercoaster rides, and she is hoping she is now big enough to go on some of the crazier rides. This is bad news for Mrs H & I who prefer our thrills to be somewhat gentler.

But before our USA trip there will be the 2nd Annual Whiney Expat Meet Up in Bonn in November. Last years event was held in Marburg and was a lot of fun. This year’s event promises to be even better. If you’re interested take a look at J’s Blog Germany Doesn’t Suck for further details.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Have a wonderful vacation. WHen do you leave for the US?

August 08, 2006 3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're in Florida too on New Years! Most likely we'll be in Fort Lauderdale.

Hope you all see more of Florida than just Disney, like the beaches on Siesta Key in Sarasota :-) (only ~3 hr drive) There's relaxation.

August 08, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Maribeth - We leave for US on Dec 28th foe 2 weeks. It'll be good to get some sun when it freezing cold still in Germany :)

Naked Nerd - Shame you can't make this years meet in November. But as soon as I get details of next years one you'll be the first to know! :)

Heza - I hope I see more of Florida as well as there is only so much Disney I can take. Last time we went to the beach at Coca Beach and enjoyed it. Thanks for the tip of Sarasota :)

August 08, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger J said...

Florida's too cold in the winter for me. Thailand, here I come (again).

Cheers for mentioning the meet up. It looks like we're going to have quite a few more people than last year.

August 08, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Have a great time in Baden-Baden! I'll have to check out our schedule in November, but thatnks for the reminder.

August 08, 2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Your trip to Florida sounds like a ton of fun. I remember when I LOVED to go on all the wild rides. Now my age is starting to catch up to me, as I no longer have an interest in anything that makes my tummy flip.

Have a safe and fun trip to Baden- Baden!
Cyn

August 08, 2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home