tger greenhaddock: Juli in Januar

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Juli in Januar

This last weekend the Haddock family visited the Odenwald for my brother-in-law’s birthday party. It was a great party, with lots of good food, lots of kids for the Juniorette to play with, and lashings of beer & wine for the adults. A good time was had by all. So good I was still supping at 5am, which is of course far too late for a gentleman of my age. Consequently I was a tad hungover for the rest of the day.

On the way home to Marburg we stopped off at Mainz for a concert by the band Juli. Their most sucessful hit to date is Perfekte Welle which was released just before the major Tsunami a couple of years ago. Consequently many radio stations stopped playing the song. I really enjoyed the concert and forgot I still had a hangover. Infact by the end of the show it had dissipated completely. Juli play Rock/Pop, which reminds me of the early Nena material. The Juniorette had a great time and was dancing a lot of the time. She definitely likes music with a Rock edge to it.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, ist was a nice party with great guests! Thanks a lot for staying with us - the next one is in june ...! Good, that you all could enjoy the concert!

January 24, 2007 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

January 24, 2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Juli is really good, I like all their songs. Great that you got to see them in person.

January 24, 2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger Neil @ DNALogic said...

Are Juli not from Marburg - or is it Gießen? I forget, but it's somewhere up there.
I know that SWR3 seemed to have "Dieses Leben" on their "play every single hour" list last time I was there and I ended up buying the "Neuer Tag" album. And jolly good it is too.
Glad to hear that the juniorette had such a good time and that you're still not too old to get down with the youngsters, daddi-o.
Actually, I really shouldn't mock after a recent discussion I had with someone old enough to drive a car which involved the sentence: "It's The Clash, for God's sake! What do you mean, you've never heard of the Clash?"
I'm not sure whether it means that I'm old, or that I was talking to a musical philistine.

January 24, 2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Deepblue - Thanks again, we had a really great time and are looking forward to June! :)

Maribeth - It was a great weekend :)

Christina - Juli are good mix of pop & rock and on stage have a good rapport with the crowd :)

Inactualfact - They are from Gießen which as you know is just down the road from Marburg. So Juli are kind of like the local band.
BTW - You must have been talking to a musical philistine. The kids today eh! :)

January 24, 2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I haven't partied until 5am, woken with a hangover closely followed by a rock concert for quite some time, maybe I should get back in the groove, you sound as though you had a pretty good time. hmmm perhaps old age is creeping on!

January 24, 2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

Wow. Partying until 5am and a concert the day after? Sounds like you had a fab time, there :)

January 25, 2007 7:54 AM  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Just browsing blogs when i found yours,had a good fifteen mins here.I'm afraid I could'nt work out how to e mail you some jokes (still learning I've only been on for 2.5 months)but will call again.

January 28, 2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Ex-shammickite - It was a good time, but did notice I'm not as young as I once was! :)

Bob - Good to see you again. Glad to see that things are going well for you in the music industry. Looking forward to the new album! :)

CanadianSwiss - I was shocked to see that the time was 5am. I only thought it was about 3am. Time flies whem´n having fun! :)

Bigbikerbob - Thanks for stopping by. You have a great blog there in South Devon! :)

January 28, 2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Mike B said...

Some of my best memories started at 5 am.

I've not heard of Juli, but I've not been too wired to the local scene since I've lived here. Now that I am looking abroad, I seem to have found a new respect for things like this, so thanks for pointing me in this direction.

January 29, 2007 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home