tger greenhaddock: Lies, Lies and more Lies!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Lies, Lies and more Lies!

Two days ago we popped into the local Marburg T-com office to see how our DSL application was progressing. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it wasn’t. The woman told me that for technical reasons DSL was not available at my address. I requested to know exactly what these reasons were, because a T-com woman said last month that it was possibly. She gave me a bullshit excuse and I demanded to see her manager. The manager stared to give me a bullshit excuse as well so I gave him a lesson in Telecommunications. It was apparent very quickly that he didn’t know the difference between his arse and a hole in the ground. He said a T-com tech would phone me later in the day. This I didn’t believe, and of course the phone never rang.

So the upshot of this is that nobody in the whole Neubaugebiet (new housing area) can have DSL. The reason they say is that the area is fed by fibre optic. But the wiring into my house is copper, so the transition from SDH to PDH has to occur. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to use the phone. I hate incompetence and stupidity, and T-com have it by the bucket loads. I have to speak to these arseholes on a daily basis when I am at work, having to do so in my own free time is not my idea of fun.

On the same day the new shower finally arrived to be installed. Apparently the production was held up because of snow! (Like they really make these things outside). I wonder, do I have the word Gullible tattooed on my forehead or what! Then to make things sweeter the installation had to stop because a part was missing. We were promised that the part would be shipped express and would be here yesterday. It hasn’t arrived. Why do I feel like Neville Chamberlain after his infamous meeting with Mr Hitler? – answers on a postcard please.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Like I've said before, Deutsche Anything (other than Bank) is crap. I don't suppose your shower company was Deutsche Douche, was it?

March 31, 2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Even more reason for me to keep my cable internet connection. It never lets me down.

April 01, 2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger Tati said...

Giggle, Haddock.
The Telecom is THE one company that can case my blood pressure to go sky high in a second. Which is also the reason I've quit the T-Com. I am now a DSL customer of a different provider, and T-Com doesnt get a cent from me anymore. Finally.

April 01, 2006 6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Telekom is bad. Very bad. But then I also believe that almost any telecommunications firm is bad. I had problem in the States. However, our Telekom in C-Burg does take the cake. They could not find my office to install our new fax line, even though my office building IS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE TELEKOM. Sign.

April 01, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I feel your pain... It seems bad customer service is a universal problem!

Good luck!
Cyn

April 01, 2006 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with my DSL - took 3 months to turn up a simple circuit. I now work for my DSL provider, and SBC/ATT doesn't get a dime from me. If you hate the telecom company in your area, try working for a CLEC and having to deal with them.

April 01, 2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I can't believe that in these modern days, DSL can't be installed everywhere in Germany. And then in a NEW housing area???

BTW, you should seriously think of getting that tatoo off your forehead, Haddock ;-)

April 02, 2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Sorry, but this made me laught. I can just see them feeding you the bullshit and you getting more and more agitated. We punted Telekom a long time ago and have been happy with our new company. But DSL still isn't available for all around here either. It took ages to get to us, but those a bit further away weren't so lucky.

April 02, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

J - LOL!....Deutsche Douche!..... I'll have to check. If they aren't called that they bloody well should be! :)

Lisa - DTAG, DT, TCom... whatever they call themselves nowadays are basically Crap!

Dixie - I had the chance to go with cable and I turned it down.... Ah well, on of those 50/50 decisions!

Karen - Once DSL is availible I will go with any company apart from Tcom or Freenet :)

Claire - I agree all Telecomms companies are evil.... and I've worked for quite a few of them as well! :)

Cynthia - Customer service is a major issue here in Germany! :)

Jim - I think at the end of the day most telecomms companies are bad. Too many people in too many posistion who have no idea what they are doing! :)

Canadianswiss - I've tried sandpaper and the tatoo is now harder to see! :) Yeah, you would have thought the coverage of DSL would be pretty much universal now :)

Christina - All we can do now is wait until DSL becomes availible. I could definitely feel my blood pressure rising when I was having my little chat with Tcom :)

April 02, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Haddock - I think we have that tattoo on our heads too, but it's when we want our bill at a restaurant.

And the telecom thing, well I worked for a company that did this fiber optics back in 1999 until 2001. They were really big but I think they ran into these same problems which are plaguing you!

We had this same trouble and eventually went with satellite in our area which proved to be better.

However, I'm so glad that I moved to Switzerland and then to Canada because I haven't had that trouble. Of course I switch from cable to wireless daily which can be a hassle from time to time...

April 02, 2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger leon's life said...

Haddock - Blo**dy Hell I thought you had this problem already sorted out ! You have the patience of a saint.

BTW - The service is not better in France. Anything to do with internet is particularly bad, seems to me that they just can't keep up with the huge public demand for this service and the people that they employee have limited knowledge.

The sad thing is that they are willing to take your money, but the service that follows is sadly lacking. In France if you are with one crappy provider and the service is no good and want to change , you have hefty penalties, so most people end up staying with their crapppy provider.

April 03, 2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Expat - That tattoo can be a real pain at times eh! :) Glad you've got good internet access though :)

Leons Life - At this moment I would settle for any crappy provider that can supply DSL :)

April 03, 2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

haddock, you definitely deserve a good high speed internet connection!

April 06, 2006 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home