tger greenhaddock: The Matrix

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Matrix

A few days ago the Haddock family went to the Cinema to watch Die Wilder Kerle 3. It’s a kid’s football fantasy film and has been very popular in Germany (as were the preceding two films). We all enjoyed the film. Afterwards we popped into Media Markt and picked up the Zoo Tycoon computer game, for the Juniorette and I to try out when we got home. Whilst playing the game at home I quickly discovered that if you let the lions out of their enclosure they attack and eat the zoo visitors. I thought this was humorous. The Juniorette however got upset. I explained that it’s only a computer game, to which she replied, that we might actually be in a computer game ourselves. Outstanding stuff from a 7 year old. It took me a college education and some mind altering drugs to start thinking like that!

The last couple of days we have had the builders back in to lay the granite on our inside cellar steps. It looks pretty good. When the weather finally warms up they will return to do the same with the outside steps as well.

Technorati Tags: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids play 'The Sims' and they didn't like one character so we drowned her in the swimming pool.(take the ladders away) My daughter11 just complained that it took to long for her to die and decided she'd just build really high walls around her so she was trapped and then would eventually die. Now I'm really embarressed I wrote this comment ......

March 18, 2006 3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like your daughter is very clever and thinking deeply about life already!!
How old did you say she was, seven?

March 18, 2006 4:47 AM  
Blogger Tati said...

Your daughter sounds absolutely amazing for her seven years! What an imagination :-)

March 18, 2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Rocky said...

Ha, I loved your daughters comment about life might be a computer game. I, too, needed college and heavy drinking to finally reach that fine level of thinking. She is a wise one.

March 18, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I agree, she IS a clever one. Imagine after college... ;-)

March 18, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah you'd better be careful there. ;-) And did you understand the film? I would have been lost!

March 18, 2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Lillian - That is a great story! I will have to play Sims one of these days as well :)

Franzie - I have always encouraged her to think outside the box and to question everything and everybody. I forget she is only seven at times :)

Karen - she's definately not short of immagination! :)

Rocky - I hope she's not right and that we really are in a computer game!

Canadianswiss - I guess college will come round quicker than I realise. :)

Expat traveller - I understood the film ok. It speaking German that is my major downfall! :)

March 18, 2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Listen, YOU all needed college education, hard liquor and a joint to begin thinking outside the box... well... so did your daughter...

Keep a close eye on her schoolfriends... that's all I'm saying.

March 18, 2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

what a joy the insights of perceptive children are ...

March 19, 2006 3:49 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Zoo Tycoon is an awesome game. I have not expirimented with letting the animals eating the Zoo visitors though - I will next time I play it though. Being eaten by a lion must be horrific - but there is some many other ways to die that are much worse I think - so I will do it with a clean conscience.

At the moment I am totally into Theme Hospital - same goal as in the Tycoon games - just with a hospital instead. Awesome I tell you.

You daugther is so smart - no doubt about that.

March 19, 2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I've yet to play The Sims, but my 1st date with my husband was to go see the original The Matrix. That stuff is DEEP! Kids these days are so much smarter and more aware than those of my generation.

March 19, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Capgas - You have a very valid point. Sound advice. I will be watching! :)

Rory - It's a joy indeed.

Tara - That book sounds like an interesting read.

Nan - Zoo Tycoon is great fun. Looks like I will have try Theme Hospital sometime as well :)

Crystal - I agree kids do seem smarter and more aware these days.

March 20, 2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home