tger greenhaddock: Fathers Day

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fathers Day

Today is Fathers Day here in Germany and I am currently sat here in Frankfurt working day shift, whilst my family are up near Köln visiting an adventure park call Phantasia Land, with the Juniorette’s godparents. The Juniorette has been there several times and loves it. She’s a bit of a rollercoaster junkie I think. This shift is my penultimate one. On Monday I become a normal office hours worker. After 24 years of shift work normal days is going to be a bit weird.

The Magnolia that I planted for Mrs H has finally bloomed (see upper photo). The flowers have a really sweet smell and could be a bit overpowering for some people, but I really like the scent. I also planted another Japanese Maple (see lower photo) this week. This one has red leaves and is called Fireglow. The leaves look terrific when strong sunlight shines through them. I have spent quite a bit of time in the garden doing various jobs, and it’s almost been nice to come to work today for a bit of a rest from the physical activity

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Happy Father's Day, dear Haddock! It looks like spring has come to Marburg!

May 01, 2008 4:38 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

I believe that spring has indeed finally sprung! :)

May 02, 2008 4:22 PM  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Good luck doing the day shift... does that mean you have to join the rest of the commuters during Rush Hour? Or perhaps there isn't a Rush Hour in Marburg???

May 03, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

I love magnolias. It's just a pity that they bloom only for a very short time.

It will feel strange in the beginning, but I'm sure you'll get used to the "regular" working hours in no time :)

May 04, 2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

PS: I wonder where my comment went that I posted on your entry below..... ???

May 04, 2008 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the grass riz?!

May 06, 2008 1:32 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Magnolia. One of my favorites!

May 08, 2008 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings my quiet friend, bist du jetzt auf Urlaub oder wat?

Anyway just to give you an incentive to come back here's a tag for you. Let joy be unconfined!

May 23, 2008 12:36 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

This is a beautiful magnolia. I want one!

June 25, 2008 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home