tger greenhaddock: Open book meme

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Open book meme


Fruits of My Mind tagged me for this little meme, ‘Open Book’. These were the instructions:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends

I don’t read books too often and can go many months without touching one. So this is the last one I read whilst on holiday in Süd Tirol at the start of the year. It's about an ex SAS soldier going deep undercover and was a good read.

As everyone may have noticed this blog has been a bit thin on the ground lately. Maybe this meme may just jump start me. So here is the extract from the book.

Others are hear-seekers, whose nose cones ‘smell’ the heat of the aircraft’s own engines and home towards it. Blowpipe was much more basic than that; it was styled ‘command to line of sight’, or CLOS; and it meant the firer had to stand there and guide the rocket all the way to target by sending radio signals from a tiny control stick to the moveable fins in the rocket’s head.

I decided to pass on, passing it on. Apathy rools ok.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Considr an example. Suppose that you want to sort the surname column of a multidimensional array consisting of staff information. To ensure that the entire name (given-name surname) is sorted properly, you would sort by the given name:

CODE I'm not allowed to import from "PHP and MySQL5" - it's a great bedtime read....

February 20, 2008 2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd prefer Forsyth, I think....

February 20, 2008 2:14 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

What does "Apathy" mean? I'd look it up but I can't be bothered....

February 20, 2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Haddock, Nice to see you blogging, I think your apathy will dissapear with the arrival of better weather (Winter blues).

February 20, 2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Mr Fact - You really need read different books :)

Ms Mac - I know the feeling! :)

Bigbikerbob - I really need spring to arrive this year! :)

February 21, 2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger swenglishexpat said...

Hi Haddock - glad you took up the "challenge". Sounds like an exciting and adventurous book. The heroes of the book might have something in common with some of my neighbours, since I "live in BFG" (British Forces Germany). They are deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan on a regular basis.

February 27, 2008 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home