We have a free local paper delivered every couple of weeks that gives a little local news, and generally gives information about public services i.e. Library opening times, when to put the wheelie bins out, which doctors/dentists are oncall, and yes, when you are allowed to cut the grass!

So not only do I have to wait for the right weather conditions, but I have to ensure that I don't mow the lawn on a Sunday or a Bank Holiday, or that its not after 8pm during the week. This is understandable. Its basically to control noise pollution. But if I want use a strimmer to tidy up those hard to reach areas, then the following conditions apply.

1. Cannot be used on Sundays or Bank Holidays

2. Can only be used on Weekdays between the hours of 9am - 1pm and 3pm - 5pm.

3. Saturdays are a bit of a grey area. But its seems you may be able operate your strimmer additionally between the hours of 7am - 9am and 5pm - 8pm.

Simple eh!?

Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday - Fathers Day. Traditionally German men disappear into the woods en masse with vast ammounts of beer to get drunk and sing dodgy songs.

I shall not be attending, I shall be sleeping, and I definately will not be cutting the grass.